Purpose of Role
Located in the Vancouver, Canada office and reporting to the Vice-President, Exploration, the Director of Exploration-Projects is an integral role within our business.
The Director of Exploration-Projects will be responsible leading the technical aspects of Silver Standard Resources’ (SSR) exploration growth activities, globally, with an initial focus on Latin America. This role may be required to act in the capacity of acting country or project manager for a specific region or project.
Key Areas of Responsibility & Duties
- Ensure the Company’s ongoing exploration programs are conducted in a manner that meets the Company’s corporate objectives and standards
- Together with the Company’s Regional Exploration Managers, who will report to the Director of Exploration-Project, manage technical aspects of ongoing exploration projects, particularly drilling programs
- Actively monitor ongoing exploration programs and prepare monthly update reports for the VP, Exploration
- Monitor regional and individual project exploration budgets and provide monthly compilations to the VP, Exploration
- Provide geological and technical support to the Company’s regional exploration teams
- Assist with the planning and implementation of exploration programs that are aligned with the Company’s corporate strategy
- Liaise with consultants and contractors that provide exploration-related services to the Company , particularly relating to advanced studies of mineral resources
- Assist with the assessment of property submittals
Scope of Responsibility & Complexity
Work is performed within specific authority, receiving strategic direction from the VP, Exploration.
Minimum Qualifications & Skill Requirements
- Minimum of a BSc degree in Geology. BSc degree in Engineering desirable.
- 15+ years of related work experience at a management level.
- Experience working in Latin America for an established mining company.
- In-depth knowledge of precious metal deposit models and styles of mineralization.
- In-depth knowledge of exploration techniques, in particular diamond drilling, drill-hole logging, sampling methods and QA/QC procedures, and resource modeling.
- Experience within an organization where customer focus is a critical success factor.
- Excellent communication/ skills (written, oral, presentation and facilitation).
- Proven leadership skills.
- Capability to think strategically, with an ability to effectively manage the details.
- Ability to thrive in an environment that is undergoing evolution and constant change, adjusting to multiple conflicting priorities at any given time.
- Business-level Spanish language ability.
Additional Qualifications & Skill Requirements
- Awareness of culture and business environment issues.
- Ability to travel.
Please submit your resume to email@example.com